Monday, June 1, 2009

Graduations, Boards and Rotations OH MY!

I know it has been a while since my last post, but honestly my life has been pretty boring. I take my licensing exams next week and have only one last week to study. So I have pretty much been just studying about 12 hours a day which means not a whole lot to blog about. Something I have been able to do though.

I went to my sister’s graduation for Texas A&M. I went to UT so I of course had to make fun of many of the Aggie traditions. Overall this was pretty fun, very rushed because I was really worried about studying the whole time but the break ended up being a great thing. I was able to see my grandparents from out of state that doesn't happen very often. I saw slumdog millionaire for the first time the other night. I thought it was pretty good. I didn’t really have any clue what it was about but definitely had heard a lot about it so I think the hype some what ruined it for me. I also went and saw up with the roommates JO and CB the other night. It was entertaining my lack of dog love also made this movie not as entertaining. I think I will have to stick to Cars as one of my favorite Pixar movies.

I have mentioned previously that I did some research in undergrad. So I decided to pursue a rotation during my fourth year in research, this ended up causing lots of problems as far as scheduling my third year rotations. My classmates all received their schedules about 5 weeks ago meanwhile I have been anxiously awaiting mine. Well today is the day I finally received it and it is as follows.

July 6 - Aug28 Internal Medicine
Aug 31 - Oct 23 Surgery
Oct 26 - Dec 18 Family Medicine
Jan 4 - Feb 12 OBGYN
Feb 15 - Mar 26 Pediatrics
Mar 29 - Apr 23 OMM
Apr 26 - May 21 Psychiatry
May 24 - June 18 Academic Medicine (Study Month)

I am pretty pleased with my schedule. Right now Internal Medicine is at the top of my list as far as specialties I would like to pursue, so having it first will help me make a decision for sure. I also am glad I will get a great foundation for the rest of my rotations. The other perk to having Medicine and Surgery up front is the back end of my schedule will be kind of light.

In other news after boards I will be heading down to Seguin, Texas for a wedding and then heading out to Vegas for a week so more to come on how those turn out.

1 comment: